Statistics show that slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury accidents. Each year, more than one million people seek emergency medical treatment for a slip and fall accident. Sadly, possibly millions more do not seek medical help. Victims may feel embarrassed or may believe that their injuries are nothing more than bruises.
By not seeking medical treatment after a slip and fall accident, victims actually may do more harm to themselves and their situation. Slip and fall accidents can lead to severe injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Torn tendons and ligaments
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Cuts and lacerations
These injuries can impact your life, your finances, and your ability to work.
Why Not Seeking Medical Treatment is a Mistake
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, it is essential to get medical treatment as soon as possible. Failing to do so is a mistake that can result in:
- Not being able to pursue compensation that you may be entitled to.
- Not getting coverage for medical bills through insurance or other means.
- Not being able to replace lost wages if your injury prevents you from working.
- Your condition getting worse due to not treating the initial injury.
- Experiencing far worse symptoms if your injury is more severe than you realize.
The average slip and fall injury costs around $40,000. Even a moderate injury can result in medical bills and lost time at work. Most people cannot afford these expenses out of pocket. Fortunately, you don’t have to.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
Getting medical treatment immediately after a slip and fall accident is critical to ensure that you get the compensation you need. Document the accident and injuries in your medical records, then talk to a slip and fall lawyer about your case.
At Abogados Campeones, we help slip and fall accident victims recover compensation for their injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You don’t have to manage a slip and fall accident alone – let us help. Call 323-613-2113.