In the past, we have talked about what to do if you suffer a personal accident that only involves you. In this week’s blog, we want to tell you how to deal with an accident involving more people.
Generally, in a personal accident that only involves one person, it is straightforward to define who is at fault and, therefore, who has to cover the expenses. But not all cases are that simple.
A perfect example is when you are in a car accident, and it involves more than one car. This can make things much more complicated since it will be difficult for you to be clear about who is responsible for your problem.
Here are some steps you can take:
- Stay calm: Make sure everyone with you is okay.
- Find a safe place: Find a safe place to shelter.
- Take photos, video, and voice notes: when you can, use your cell phone to have proof of what happened.
- Call the police: In these types of cases, it is best to have a professional in charge of communicating certain things during this process.
- Avoid aggressive confrontations: Try to stay calm and express what you need calmly to ensure that you win your case more efficiently.
- Contact your insurance: Contact your insurance, so they know what happened and tell you what to do.
- Find a lawyer you trust: The most efficient way to win your case and get the money you need is with the help of a lawyer who understands the world you are going to face.
- Remember to include all the evidence of your companions: The more evidence you have, the easier your lawyers’ job will be.
- Talk to the insurers of your colleagues who suffered the accident with you: This will be important to define what steps they have to follow.
We hope that these tips and advice will help you a lot if at any time you find yourself in an accident. If you need help, make an appointment with us.